Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Indonesia Earthquake

I felt the quake tremors...for the first time!

When it first happened, I thought my giddy spells were back, this time more serious... When it happened again, I thought it was my colleague sitting behind me kicking my chair. It was when one after another colleague started shouting "Did you feel that?" that I realised that I was not the only one who felt it...the whole building was shaking!

We were quickly evacuated from the building. When we were down, we saw that the colleagues from the higher floors were already there. We were then told to go for our lunch and come back later (an early long lunch, wow!). During lunch, I heard a lot of people talking about it, even DC felt the tremors at his workplace! When we were back to the office, I was told that another tremor was felt and at about 2:30pm, we were released from work.

It was a rather disturbed day but thanks to the earthquake, I've got half day off to do my shopping. :)

Here's some useful safety tips from Ministry of Home Affairs:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...