Friday, September 26, 2014

Renovation is tough work - Part 5

We bought lights from OSK Lighting at Eunos. I would expect that we are paying higher because our id bought us there. My wallet was lighter about $3,100.

They also have a bathroom section. However, their bathroom accessories prices were a bit too high for me to stomach.

So the search continue and it brought me to Jalan Besar. I dropped by Poh Seng, Royal Franco and GR Link Marketing. All these three shops have a limited display space but the owners were all quite friendly and forthcoming with their advice and opinions. In the end, I selected GR Link and went down the next day with CP. After all, CP has to like the stuff as well.

I think in all, I probably visited these shops 10 times, some with repeated visits. I'm glad because I saved about $900 compared to some shops at Balestier ... However, if you are a high-pay earner, I guess you have to equate if the time spent on these visits are worth the $900 savings, afterall, considering the rate per working hour, time is money ....

This shows that my pay is low, yah? :(

Items bought:

1. WC Baron 888 with basin at $390.
This is one of the most popular now because it comes with Gerberit flushing system and a 10-yr warranty. I actually used a Baron 9 yrs ago and didn't know that it would rise up to be a leading brand in SG.



2. Joven Storage heater 25L at $230. Seems quite alright, a UK brand. I had some relatives using this.



3. Ariston FK62 CXS oven at $899. Ariston had removed the pizza function from their entry models, e.g. FH52... forcing those who need the pizza function to get the higher-end models. They also did away with the rotisserie function, which probably wasn't that useful after all.


Specs:
  • End of Cooking Timer
  • Catalytic Cleaning
  • Integrated Ventilation System
  • End Of Cooking Timer
  • 120min Auto Cut-off Timer
  • Glass Inner Door
  • Double Glazed Door
  • Internal Light
  • Anti-Fingerprint Stainless Steel
  • Embossed guides
  • 2 Grids, 1 Tray
  • 6 standard programmes:
    .Multilevel
    .Barbecue
    .Gratin (Fan Grill)
    .Pizza
    .Pastries
    .Traditional


4. Fujioh hood FX900. This is one of the most popular because it's suction power is good and it doesn't use charcoal filter, so no regular replacement needed.



 5. Fujioh FG 773 SGVL hob. Cost us $750 together with the hood. We found a seller online retailing this for $720 but decided to go with a single shop. We chose the white glass top for this. I quite like glass. I had a hard time cleaning the water stains off the stainless steel hob I had used before.

Other misc stuff like mirror, washer taps, bidets eventually brought up the costs to about $3,200. Renovation is certainly not cheap.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Just like to seek your feedback on the Baron WC so far. Thanks

DC said...

I wouldn't choose it again. The shit gets stuck to the bowl just above the water level ... Also, not sure if's it just my contractor, they needed to take out and reseal the WC twice to fix the smell coming out ... both the master and common. So it could be the design is harder to install and needed extra precision.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...