Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Car repair

For about 2 months, there had been a rattling sound at the back of the car. We couldn't determine what it was. There wasn't any loose object lying around. We searched high and low but still couldn't determine where it was coming from.

So I decided to send the car to VW service centre for inspection. During the test drive, which took half an hour, there was no sound at all! However, the moment I drove the car out of the service centre, the sounds came back. Probably needed some time to warm up .... Back to the centre I go.

So for these two days, I thought it worthwhile to rent a car, which was a good choice because it rained the next day.

Googled car rental, came across Asia Express. Pickup quite near my home. Took an Toyota Altis for $75 a day. Condition of the car was very bad, seat can't adjust upwards, internal lights not working ... engine gave out strange noise intermittently ... I'm so spoilt with my VW! A likes the car very much though, it's the car of his Aunt :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...