Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Got rid of the lemon

Finally, got rid of the LCD Digital Photo frame. Filed a claim with the Small Claims Tribunal. The Registrar had this for the company: It does not matter what is the warranty policy, what matters is that she sold me a non-working product. In the end, we settled on 50% of the product cost to be refunded to me. It's not a lot but it feels good to let these people know that they cannot ride roughshod over us consumers.

The lady boss had the misconception that consumers had to pay $50 to file a claim. She was wrong, it's only $10 and $5 to retrieve the company profile document. I think after this experience, she will not be so cocky. To think that she called me "fortunate" to have bought a faulty product. Now I wonder who's the lucky one.

She is really "lucky" to have met me. Ha ...

History:
Beware of non-branded LCD photo frames (I bought a lemon)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...