Sunday, November 25, 2007

Beware of non-branded LCD photo frames (I bought a lemon)

I bought this non-branded in September from Amconics during the IT Show in Suntec.

Price: $149

Spoilt in the 1st week. No display. Went down Sim Lim to change.
Went back and noticed the image is flickering. So went down next day to change again.

1 month later, no display again! Went back to Sim Lim. Lady boss said must send for repair ... huh ... I asked for refund but of course it was not given. No choice then. Luckily, after lunch she called me and said the power adapter is spoilt.

Now another month later, no display again!!! Went back Sim Lim 3rd floor and lady boss wants to charge me $10 to change a power adapter ... Accessories are only warrantied for 7 days! If it spoils 7 days later, got to pay another $10 to change a new one.

She even has the nerve to say if I want quality, I should have bought Phillips. Indeed I should have. To think I have gotten a lemon.

Anyone facing the same problem with their LCD photo frames?



So now I have gotten my own power adapter instead. Adds a $33 to the cost. Well, we'll see if it can last.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...