Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cafe de Amigo

It was another special occasion today but I was rather busy back at work that I didn't have time to plan. Well, we can always go for a nice dinner. Ok, so off we went to Cafe de Amigo at Funan IT Mall. Strange right, to find a winery and cafe tucked away on the 2nd level of the electronics haven.

I think the main business at this cafe is wine, because there were many bottles stocked there. I thought the ambience was quite nice, decor and all.

We took the set dinner for 2, which gives a free bottle of wine if u pay with the ABN Amro credit card.

Food is so-so. Nothing spectacular. Not much effort into the presentation, just plain food served on a plate. If you look at the Leng fish fillet, it's almost like trying too hard.



Leng fish ... what's that? I can only find Ling fish on the Internet.

Ling fish - A slim, long-bodied fish with small scales, a long anal fin, and two dorsal fins, the second being much longer than the first. A large, mottled, brown or greenish fish, the ling may grow to a length of about 2 m.



Escargots is alright but we had tried this same one many times before.


Common chicken chop


This apple pie is something special. Most reviews raved about it. When we were there, a group of 3 actually came in just to have an apple pie each. I didn't really like the flaky crust. The apple slices are too thin and tasteless. I think I prefer the chunky apple pie.


A pic to round it off.



See how we spent this special day in the past years:
2007
2006

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...