Friday, May 22, 2009

Not as easy as it seems

About two weeks ago, my friend asked me to help her take some photos of swarvoski jewellery that she want to sell online. I said why not, although i had next to zero experience in product shoots.

Boy, am I in for a shock. I had to groped with different lenses before I settled for my Tamron macro. It's fortunate I had almost a lens for every occasion. Next comes the product placement and the lightings. After many tries, I still could not get it right. Without the proper light strobes, it was challenging. Furthermore, the crystals and the stainless steel material had a tendency to reflect and refract light.




So I researched a bit on the web and someone had a ingenious way of doing it. Set a long shutter speed, turn off all the lights, fire the external camera flash on the top, left and right of the light tent. In the end I even do away with the light tent. This is the final result.

DSC_0420a



How I wish for a space to setup a studio. A few lights and a backdrop, it'll be so fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...