Friday, December 08, 2006

Dressing up little sister

Our little sister in the office has to attend a formal function with her beau and has no clues what to wear on that day. She is all stressed about the event her boyfriend described as a surprise(huh?) and this surprise is only known to her (guess when?) one week before the actual day! I think all guys need some education on this: Ladies need preparation for formal events (dress, make-up, hairstyle, accessories, etc), so please remember to give ample notice. You won't want your partner to be bothered throughout the event just because she feels she's not prepared!

As her seniors, 2 of my colleagues and I played her image consultants and our mission was to dress her up for the event. Finding a suitable dress for her wasn't easy at all as she is too skinny to fit into size 'S'. I like the dress that she picked. She looked very sweet and innocent in that white lacy bubble tube doll dress with a ribbon in front. Fortunately, searching for shoes is much easier as her shoe size could be found easily anywhere. We settled on a silver high heels from U.R.S. As for the accessories, we supplied her with the bags, shawls, etc that she may need.

Looking at her (she's only 20), I was reminded of my past, the days where my friends and I were preparing for our first prom night. I remembered when I was at her age, I had the same feeling of curiousity, excitement, anxiety and maybe some frustration over what to wear for the first party. Gowns were considered expensive to many of us students and it's simply not worth it to get a dress that you know you have little chances of wearing ever again, so many of us borrowed from friends and relatives. I managed to get a gown from my good friend. That night was magical... seeing friends whom you meet everyday in school and usually in tees so well-dressed. :) We had great fun that night. Ahhh...those were the days...I miss partying!

Flashback (2001 - 2006)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...