Saturday, June 02, 2007

Nan Xiang Restaurant



DC's uncle opened a chinese restaurant and invited us for food tasting.






城隍南翔小笼包
173 Joo Chiat Road






This is actually my first time to Joo Chiat Road, I never know that there are so many eateries there. The road was pretty long and congested...the carpark is right behind the restaurant. We managed to find a parking lot easily as we were there early.

The food there was fantastic. We had 小笼包, sweet n sour beancurd, chilli crab, curry veg, and there were many more. THEY WERE ALL VERY TASTY! Oh yah, you must try the lime drink, it's very refreshing and extra sour with sour plum added! :)




I wonder why they picked this name for the restaurant? I've tried the chinese restaurant 南翔馒头店 at Bugis Junction whose specialty is also 小笼包. The name of the two restaurants are quite similar; DC and I thought the two may be related... but the menus are totally different (with the exception of 小笼包 of course). Hmm..food wise, I still prefer the 南翔 at Joo Chiat Road.


Publicity wise, I think uncle and his partners did a good job too. They got artiste Li Guohuang to do the ribbon cutting ceremony for them and we've heard radio DJs recommending them on air a week ago. DC and I will definitely go back 城隍南翔小笼包 (very soon I hope) for another round of hearty meal! :)




Do patronise the restaurant if you happen to be around the area!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...