Thursday, June 07, 2007

Massage Week

It's massage week this week! My company has paid for a 20 mins massage for every employee.

The massage came just timely. I've been complaining to DC about my sore back lately and that I just couldn't sleep as well these days...

I went for my massage today at 4:30pm with a colleague. The session was held at the company's library. When we were there, VN and I was shocked to see that the therapists are males. I didn't mean to be bias but I had expected to be served by a lady therapist.

We chose the neck & shoulder massage. Ouch! Male therapist sure have strength. When he was massaging my neck, I thought that could be very well be the feeling of strangulation. *choking* He did the chopping act on my back but boy! he slapped really hard... does he really think my back is a chopping board and his hands a chopper? Nevertheless, I do like it when he did the acupoint pressure, it felt really good. I would say that his skills is not bad, afterall he has been certified, but he has really exerted too much strength. My hands were all red (until now!) after the massage.

Someone told us that the messeurs were from the Singapore Association of Visually Handicapped. But, they do not look visually handicapped at all. I can confirm from these observations:
- He noticed I wore a skirt and handed me a towel.
- He adjusted the height of the massage chair and told me that an Ang Mo was before me.
- He put the tissue sheet nicely on the chair with no difficulty.
- He is able to walk without aid, no white cane.

What an experience... I hope I can have a good sleep tonight.


Dates: Monday 4 June to and including Thursday 7 June 2007
Times: 9:00am to 5:30pm each day
Masseurs: 2 Fully certified massage therapists from the Singapore Association for the Visually Handicapped
Type: Choose from neck & shoulder or foot reflexology, 20 mins each
Cost: Nothing! Compliments from the company

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...