Monday, October 22, 2007

10,000 shutter count

The file numbering has reset back to zero. I have just hit the 10,000 shutter count in my D80 dSLR. Compared with last year, I can proudly say I am much more comfortable with framing and taking photos. However, photography is not rocket science. There are so many variables that each time is something new. Different lighting, different lenses, different compositions, different positions (prone, squat, kneel). And probably so that it's so addictive. To the extent I carry my camera everyday, along with my company's laptop. My shoulder aches though ...

Tried out portraits, macros, landscapes. Insect macro is the hardest ... in the first place it's difficult to approach your subject without startling them. Secondly, you may need to crouch in awkward positions ... maybe I'll stick to flowers ... hmm ...

Another interesting thing ... when I went back to in-camp training for live firing, I found my shooting on the M16 has improved. Haha, you do need to control your breathing and hold when taking photos, especially for slow shutter speeds. just a thought ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...