Sunday, October 21, 2007

Filtered out

It's so hard to find good and cheap filters for landscape photography ... at least in SG. Cokin filters are rather ex in the UK and totally out-of-stock in the US.

After some deliberation, I made a purchase for a Singh-Ray Reverse ND filter - the "Daryl Benson Reverse Neutral Density Graduated Filter". Singh-Rays are about the most expensive in the market at US$120 but they are the only ones with the Reverse Grad ND.

Now I got a Reverse ND for sunrise, sunset shots. Ok ... not too bad.

However, I still want to get a 2-stop and 3-stop Grad ND filter for general landscape photography. After some searching, I chanced upon Hitech filters as good and affordable. Singh-Rays are just too expensive. A search on Goggle led me to www.2filter.com.

Cool, I finally got a complete set of Grad ND filters.

Now the not so cool part ... after some more web browsing, I came upon Hitech's website. It's going at a way lower price ... suprising as the Cokin filters are more expensive in the UK ...

... Just got to forget about it. Now I'm waiting for the filters to be shipped here ... then will probably try out a sunrise or two.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...