Sunday, October 22, 2006

Doc Cheng's at Raffles Hotel

Another gastronomic exploit to round off a stuffed week. Came across a 1-for-1 offer, so why not?

After church in the late afternoon, we headed off to Raffles Hotel. I would say the food and decor looks fusion to me. What do you think? Let the photos speak for themselves ... btw, someone complained my flash was too strong ... oops! Fortunately, I got most of the shots I wanted.

It was the first time any restaurant served naan for appetizer before the meal. I liked naan!
DSC_1603

Entree: Soft Shell Crab. Likely salted with a hint of pepper. Nicely done.
DSC_1605

Main Course: Tandoori Trout and Stir-fried Asparagus
DSC_1610
First time I ever tried trout done the Tandoori way as well. The asparagus is just plain stir-fried, something which anyone could have done at home.

Main course: Drunken Chicken
DSC_1611
3 slabs of chicken done with chinese "shao xing" wine.

Dessert: Apple Tatin
DSC_1620-1
Cooked apple slices with bourbon souffle.

Am I writing a foody review? To keep things short, other photos are uploaded here:
DSC_1615

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...