Thursday, September 20, 2007

Food for thought


Had Pomfret Steamboat dinner with my parents at a coffeeshop along Thomson Road, it was a happpy get-together before they fly off for holiday tomorrow. Guess it's the season for travelling again... my family is going Taipei tomorrow, VN and her mum are going NY and Canada next Tuesday and another friend is going Swiss on Saturday. Hehe, very soon it will be our turn! :)

Back to the food...We wanted to order Tofu and Spinach but we were told by the waitress that Spinach and Tofu cannot be taken together. In the end, we dropped the idea of having Spinach and ordered another veggie instead. I had doubts about this. Is it really so? I remembered watching on a Korean popular drama 大长今 that Ginseng when taken with Nutmeg will accentuate the effect of Nutmeg and cause numbness to the limbs. So, what will be the result of eating Spinach with Tofu? Food poisoning? Hmm.. I'm very interested to find out...

Hungry to seek the truth, I did some research on the Internet. It turns out that the food combination will lead to formation of stones in the body and it is most probable when the Veg Acid in Spinach and Calcium in Tofu hit the ratio of 1:2. From the Net, I also saw a lot of receipes that combines the nutritious Spinach with healthy Tofu esp. in soups. Now that I know of the risk, I will avoid the combi at all cost! Better safe than sorry!

Web References:
菠菜豆腐汤的潜在危害
菠菜能与豆腐同食吗
Food Combining

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...