Monday, September 17, 2007

Bad HAIRtitude

VN and I met up on Saturday to color our hair. We decided to try out the hair salon at Funan IT Mall since we have a one-for-one hair services voucher. When we reached there, we were informed by one of selected senior hairstylist that the other senior hairstylist has declined to do our business.

The two stylists were specially picked by me because of positive comments from the Net and from family and friends about their good skills. I didn't expect one of them to play us out esp. when the appointment was made and confirmed more than 1 week ago! In the end, my hairstylist had to recommend another hairstylist to VN and she explained to us that his bizzare behaviour was due to our no-show for our previous appointment.

What?!! Even though he was the most popular and sought after hair stylist in the salon, it does not mean that he could reject a customer's request to use his service! Is this how a senior hairstylist should behave? I was very very disappointed and displeased!

The one-for-one voucher was not as simple as it seems too! There's some complex calculations involved. As VN's hair length is very much longer than mine, after discount, her hair cut, colour and treatment will come out to be $190 and my hair colour service will only cost me $110. To help balance the cost, the hairstylist advised me to top up another $140 for hair treatment. This will bring VN's cost lower where we both will pay about the same price i.e. $150 each. The calculation method used is weird and illogical and should be stated clearly in the voucher in the first place! It not only create confusion to customers, but also waste precious time in the computation! Some of the hairstylists didn't even know how to calculate!

All in all, it wasn't a very fantastic experience, the result didn't turn out to be as good as claimed in the Net. DC didn't like the way my hair was highlighted either.

I will not go back to this salon ever again! I rather go back to a trusted but hyper expensive salon than this!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...